Author Topic: Official Bugs Thread  (Read 51319 times)

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
  • Virtue: +57/-9
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 09:02:14 AM »
That shouldn't effect anything, keeping in mind I made those changes a few days ago. By chance, was the site slow at the time and it took forever for your score to submit?

Jacq

• Lich Lord
  • Virtue: +12/-2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 09:39:15 AM »
I don't remember it being too bad, but I couldn't really say. Some times are slower than others, but it wasn't like the LONGEST WAIT EVER or anything. I'm in the habit of clicking over to another window until I see the little green guy replace the loading favicon animation.
(Thanks for unbanning me! :D )

It took about four tries to get this thread to load though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:48:30 AM by Jacq »
Chances are your pants are not as fancy as the pair of very fancy pants that Mister Fancypants would wear.

Blackbird

• Gargoyle
  • Virtue: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »
Got banned playing the bunny game as well, probably because I hit reset within the flash rather than resetting outside it. I do understand how setting it up so the in-Flash reset buttons to react to the anti-cheat mechanism would be horrendous to code (if not outright impossible), and will try to reset from the site itself every time from now on (though it is a pretty bad situation, since I got a score only 60 lower than Jacq's). There's a good reason for this, I actually sat down and timed it, and every session that gets a score at or around the current champion level is around 5 minutes; if two or three are hooked up in a row, bam, cheating time counter should theoretically be instantly broken.

Also, I concur with Jacq's observation here, the game doesn't automatically start loading the high score page, there's at least a 10 second delay and it's not entirely the site being slow...do look into this as well.

EDIT: Ooh, do like how the site and forum bannings are separate. Very nice!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 03:40:58 PM by Blackbird »

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »
Okay so I promise not to play the bunny game anymore. :(

Again, it happened when the score I was submitting was around the 13xxsomething range, but this time there was a distinctly long load time.
Chances are your pants are not as fancy as the pair of very fancy pants that Mister Fancypants would wear.

Blackbird

• Gargoyle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 05:05:06 PM »
Yeah, it takes a distinctly longer time when sending those that would be banhammered, those that actually got sent took far less time.

I suggest we remove the bunny game from general access for a while until we get all the kinks worked out. We wouldn't want people getting banned for no real reason.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 05:05:32 PM »
This leads me to believe there may be something wrong with that game in particular, something the way it loads or reset itself, or something. I'll set up some different environment variables to track down the issue.

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
Okay so I promise not to play ANY games for a while.

Magnet Towers. I timed out (didn't actually finish the game). The load time wasn't overwhelmingly long though.

Could it be on my end? I run the following addons:
Noscript, Adblock, Cdn spellcheck, Chatzilla.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »
Sorry Jacq, I didn't realize it happened again. You stumbled on it again before I could get home to fix/work on the issue. It should be good now (hopefully).

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »
Thanks once again! I just can't stay away from here when there's homework to be done. :3

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 10:10:07 PM »
?

??

The person disappeared. I think it would have gone on forever.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 10:41:22 PM »
SUPER HAX!

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »
I already talked to you about this, but there is a danger in buying things from the market too close to the stock rotation.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »
I will have to brainstorm this issue.

Blackbird

• Gargoyle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 12:11:50 AM »
So I was playing the bunny game (...yes. Again. Me and Jacq have a bit of a feud over it), and after getting a score of 49267 (which totally trumps Jacq's by 10000), I get this:

There was an error submitting the score for your game. This is usually caused by trying to play more than 1 game at a time, or opening multiple games at a time. To prevent cheating and prevent this error, please only play one game at a time. You played bunnyhopper but expected a score from babykicker.

Can't provide screen since I just sort of left it at that and decided I'd try again, but it did happen, and I was only playing bunnyhopper, I've not touched any other game at any other point. And going back to that score-submit page only starts bringing up other random unrelated games.

No idea what's going on here, but it may be a major problem.

EDIT: Also, just experienced Jacq's same problem with Border Blast. Seems to happen when there's lag, particularly when you switch to another tab/window while it is playing.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:18:38 AM by Blackbird »

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 08:31:16 PM »
I hit the error blackbird mentioned above while playing Mahjong yesterday. the score was around 13-14k, iirc, which would have been #1. Missed out on the gold, but I'm not too bothered.

This is showing up on the main page for me, between the "check out some items!" and the forum feed:
Notice: SSI.php was unable to load a session! This may cause problems with logout and other functions - please make sure SSI.php is included before *anything* else in all your scripts! in /home/content/d/r/a/drath/html/items/forum/SSI.php on line 175

Who's Online

18 Guests, 0 Users

Wise Words

You exist because we allow it, and you will die because we demand it. -Sovereign & Virgil in Mass Effect | Read More...

Go to Top

© 2009-2024 Kokaro. All rights reserved. All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. All intellectual properties contained within third-party flash games on Kokaro are owned by their original developers and designers. Request impermissible game removal