Author Topic: People Who No Longer Play  (Read 2628 times)

Czilla

• Lich Lord
  • Virtue: +5/-68
    • View Profile
    • Email
People Who No Longer Play
« on: September 19, 2011, 05:20:50 AM »
I believe people who no longer play like who havent played in longer then 3-6 months should have their account items auctioned off, badges reset, and gold given away and account deleted. i'm tired of seeing people on the leaderboards who dont move from their spot much just because they had alot of gold and items when they stopped playing and badges.

grover511

• Balron
  • Virtue: +46/-52
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: People Who No Longer Play
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 06:01:53 AM »
While it's tempting to agree with this, people with a lot of gold and items spent a lot of time acquiring them. I agree with (maybe) a badge reset after a certain point in time, but not the auctioning of gold/items. Keep in mind some people only log on during the school year; probably you included.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
  • Virtue: +57/-9
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 09:22:33 AM »
There has been several inactive people that come back after awhile. However, I do agree that maybe inactive accounts shouldn't appear in the leaderboard. Say, maybe 6 months? If they become active again, then they will re-appear there.

Czilla

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 02:53:06 PM »
Still but think about how many MMORPGS you have played where theirs a guy whos #1 whos been so far ahead of everyone else and hasnt played in like 2 years i say stuff like that should be taken off the leader board n his stuff auctioned off for of course a inflated price cuz id love to get my hands on some stuff like that know what i mean? i know a few MMORPGS that reset laders and such so this can happen like in Diablo 2

grover511

• Balron
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
This topic is now ponies.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 07:48:55 AM »
There was ideas for a "Thief" NPC (look at the To-do post) idea that you would pay to take a random item from a random player. Maybe this idea could be applied, but would only work for inactive players? This would add a risk/reward for active players and a way to maybe get people active again :)

Czilla

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
sounds like a great idea but to define "inactive" is defined by the player and not by everyone know what i mean so we would have to define inactive players as in people who havent played in 3-6 months?

grover511

• Balron
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 07:10:56 PM »
I SAID PONIES.

Czilla

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 08:47:20 PM »
If you were to do this thief thing then i say do it sounds like a great way to keep members active bring back old members... but to do it you must set a rarity for gold standard like 2.5k for a rarity 5 item steal or 5k for a rarity 5 item steal and stuff like that :D

grover511

• Balron
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 04:12:44 PM »
I thought I spoke clearly... PONIES.

Scapegoat

• Global Moderator
  • Balron
  • Virtue: +43/-9
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 02:07:03 PM »
The badges will reset when they're played at most 150 times, I think ideally with some casual plays they'd eventually reset. I've "score blasted" many games to bump someone off, works better the faster a minimum score can be achieved.

The worst thing about inactive players, to me, is that they may be the only one to have a certain item and the seeker of the rare will get stuck on it forever.

Czilla

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 04:48:51 PM »
thats the purpose of the theif NPC then!

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »
The main top 20 leaderboard now only shows users active within the last 6 months. There was also some slight tweaks to the ranking formula. Gold is worth slightly less, while medallions/badges/avatars are all worth more for ranking now.

Who's Online

31 Guests, 0 Users

Wise Words

Didn't we have some fun though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'NO WAY!' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'? That was great. -GLaDOS in Portal | Read More...

Go to Top

© 2009-2024 Kokaro. All rights reserved. All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. All intellectual properties contained within third-party flash games on Kokaro are owned by their original developers and designers. Request impermissible game removal